Announcement of Tharu Scholarship for 2017/18
Tharus and Friends Association (TFA) is pleased to announce the Tharu scholarship for the school year 2017/2018. This scholarship will be awarded to deserving Tharu students to pursue higher education (10+2 and Bachelor only) in Nepal. All eligible students living in Nepal can apply.
Application submission Deadline : January 15, 2018
- Must be Tharu.
- Must be enrolled as a full time student at 10+2 or Bachelor level in an accredited institution in Nepal.
- Must have a good academic standing.
- Must not be receiving any kinds of financial help from the government and/or non-government organizations.
How to Apply
What to include with the application
- Mark sheets/academic transcripts that show student’s academic record or achievement.
- Proof of your enrollment or admission (Student ID, admission receipt) in a College/University.
- Personal statement (one page) – family background, interest, achievements etc
- Two (2) references with telephone or emails.
- Furnish proof if you are claiming for extra-curricular activities or disability or son/daughter of a kamaiya family.
- One passport size photo.
Scholarship Granting Period
- Scholarship shall be granted for at least one year.
- Funding may be discontinued if recipient performs poorly or misuses the fund, or drop his/her studies
- Academic intelligence – full-time student with good academic performance (2nd division or higher).
- Economic condition – students from poor families will be given priority.
- Geographic region – priority to students from relatively underdeveloped districts.
- Priority to female candidates, disability, and kamaiya
Note: The Executive Committee has an authority to make final decision on selection or modify the rules and regulations of Tharu scholarship program if necessary.
Announcement of Recipients
Scholarship recipients will be announced in February, 2018 and winners will be notified via email or phone or any other appropriate means of communication
Responsibilities of Scholarship Recipients
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Provide progress report (e.g. mark sheets/transcripts) of his/her studies once the exam results are out.
- The recipient may not change or interrupt the program of studies for which scholarship is awarded without the approval of the Executive committee.
- Provide contacts (email and telephone) to Executive committee.
- Notify TFA when you complete your studies.
- Follow any other rules set by TFA Executive committee.
Use of Funds
- The awarded fund can be used towards his/her education only, which will include tuition, stationeries, equipments, and living expenses.
- Mis-use of fund may lead to termination of recipients’ eligibility in receiving the scholarship.
- Termination may require disqualified recipients to pay back the amount he or she has received
Download Sample form
This is sample form for your reference. Do not fill out this form. All applications should be submitted online.