Announcement of Tharu Scholarship for 2018/19
Tharus and Friends Association (TFA) is pleased to announce the Tharu scholarship for the school year 2018/2019. This scholarship will be awarded to deserving Tharu students of 1-10 grade, 10+2 or Bachelor level only in Nepal. All eligible students living in Nepal can apply.
Application submission Deadline : November 15, 2018
- Must be Tharu.
- Must be enrolled as a full time student at an accredited institution in Nepal.
- Must have a good academic standing.
- Must not be receiving any kinds of financial help from the government and/or non-government organizations.
How to Apply
- Download the Application Form from the link at the bottom of the page. The application form can also be downloaded from the Facebook page of “Tharus and Friends Association, USA”.
- Fill-out the form (for non-online) and send it along with supporting/required documents to: email@example.com
What to include with the application
- Mark sheets/academic transcripts that show student’s academic record or achievement.
- Proof of your enrollment or admission (Student ID, admission receipt) in a College/University. The proof must be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of application.
- Personal statement (one page) – family background, interest, achievements etc
- Two (2) references with telephone or emails.
- Proofs if you are claiming for extra-curricular activities or disability or son/daughter of a kamaiya family.
- One passport size photo.
Scholarship Granting Period
- Scholarship shall be granted one year.
- Funding may be discontinued if recipient performs poorly or misuses the fund, or drop his/her studies
- Academic intelligence – full-time student with good academic performance.
- Economic condition – priority to students from low-income families.
- Geographic region – priority to students from relatively underdeveloped districts.
- Priority to disable and Kamaiya students.
Announcement of Recipients
- Scholarship recipients will be announced in early 2019 and winners will be notified via email or phone or any other appropriate means of communication.
Responsibilities of Scholarship Recipients
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Provide progress report (e.g. mark sheets/transcripts) of his/her studies once the exam results are out.
- Provide a testimony on the award you have received.
- Comply with the rules and policies of TFA’s scholarship program.